Lo ’N Slo
- For lowering pH and total alkalinity
- Quick-dissolving and easy-to-measure
- Safer to store, transport and handle than liquid muriatic acid
- 93.2% sodium bisulfate
- Effectively and gradually lowers pH and Total Alkalinity
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs®, saltwater and SoftSwim® systems
- Lowers pH
- Reduces total alkalinity
- Safer to store, transport, and handle than liquid acid
- For use in all pool types
- Quick dissolving
What it does
Lo ‘N Slo® is used to reduce pH and total alkalinity.
Directions for Use
- For In Season temperatures for chlorine, bromine and SoftSwim® pools, the ideal range for total alkalinity is 125 to 150 ppm. For Mineral Springs® and saltwater pools, the ideal range is 80 - 150 ppm.
- If pH is above 7.6, apply Lo N Slo® as determined by ALEX® Pro, or the acid demand chart on the product label.
- Apply by broadcasting product into the deep end with the pump running. Add when the pool is not in use.
- Circulate for 2 hours and retest pH.
- Never add more than 1 lbs. of Lo N Slo® per 10,000 gallons at one time.
- Newly plastered pools may require frequent treatments for the first few weeks.
- Do not add near metal fittings nor allow pH to drop below 7.2.
- Do not allow undissolved lumps to remain on the pool bottom. Break up with brush.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR POOLS WITH COLORED PLASTER SURFACE: Do not add this product directly to pools with colored plaster surfaces. CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS FOR APPLICATION
Colored Plaster Method 1
Pre-dissolve this product in a bucket of cool tap water, adding no more than 1 pound of Lo 'n Slo® per 3 gallons of water. With the pump running, pour the solution into the pool water in an area of strong circulation from a return fitting. Operate the circulation pump continuously for the next 8 hours.
Colored Plaster Method 2
- DO NOT USE THIS METHOD FOR POOLS WITH METAL PLUMBING, STAINLESS STEEL FILTER HOUSING OR METALLIC PUMP IMPELLERS.
- Remove all products from the skimmer. With the circulation pump operating, apply the appropriate dosage slowly into the skimmer. Apply at a rate no faster than 1 pound per minute. A slight increase in filter pressure may be observed, but is not cause for concern. Operate the circulation pump continuously for the next 24 hours.
- DO NOT ADD ANY GRANULAR OR LIQUID PRODUCTS TO THE SKIMMER OF THE POOL DURING THIS 24 HOUR PERIOD.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.