- Our premium formula, highly effective, kills ALL types of algae
- Fast-acting, non-foaming, producing results in 24 hours
- Use in chlorine or bromine pools with all surfaces or filter types
- Fast acting on all types of algae
- Multi functional formula clears water
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs® and saltwater systems
- Do not use in SoftSwim® or other biguanide sysetms
- 3.3% copper
- Patented non-staining pool algicide
- Kills and prevents green, mustard, and black algae
- Results in 24 hours
- For all pool types
What it does
BioGuard® Banish® algicide when used directed, is a highly effective, patented, non-staining algicide that kills and controls algae in swimming pools. It is especially recommended for killing and controlling green, blue-green (frequently called black or spot algae) and mustard algae growths. Banish® algicide can be used as a remedy for visible algae or to prevent algae from occurring. Banish® is formulated for use in chlorine or bromine sanitized swimming pools of all surface and filter types.
Directions for Use
Prior to Application
- Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary, clean the filter system.
- Balance water according to our ALEX® Pro test recommendations or by using the BioGuard 5-way Test Strips.
- Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
- Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pool’s surface with a surface-compatible brush.
To Prevent Pool Algae
- Initially apply 8 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
- Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals, add 3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment of Visible Pool Algae
- Add 1 lb of BurnOut® 3 per 10,000 gallons of pool water or 1 lb of Smart Shock® per 12,000 gallons of pool water. Follow application directions on these products.
- Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 oz. of Banish® per 10,000 gallons in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Circulate for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
- Prior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
- The use of Sparkle Up® will enhance filter efficiency and algae removal.
- After completing algae treatment, clean the filter with Strip Kwik® .
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.