Back Up 2
- Non-staining formula prevents a wide variety of algae
- Powerful wetting agent and surfactant help it work into cracks and crevices
- Not appropriate for pools with attached spas or water features
- Can be used with the 3-Step or Once-A-Week 3-Step BioGuard® Care System
- Highly effective broad spectrum algae preventative
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs® and saltwater systems
- Complements chlorine in pool care
- Powerful surfactant / wetting agent
- Stable in sunlight & will not evaporate
- Works in all pH ranges
- pH neutral
- Activity increases as water temperature rises
Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16)
Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride 50.0%
- Keeps pool water clear and free of visible algae
- Controls algae and algal slime growth in swimming pools
- Suitable for all pool surfaces
What it does
Back Up® 2 is the preferred algae preventative for the BioGuard® 3-Step System. Weekly use of this product prevents algae before it starts. Back Up® 2 is formulated to complement swimming pool sanitizers. It is a highly effective algae killer and algae preventative. The wetting agent in this product allows it to penetrate small crevices where algae are likely to form. This product provides a residual effectiveness that protects your pool against algae formation while keeping your pool sparkling clear. It protects the unattended pool from algae when you're away.
Directions for Use
Prior to Application
- Apply product with the pump running.
For maintenance: For initial application, add 6 oz. per 10,000 gallons directly into the pool. Then apply 1.5 oz. per 10,000 gallons weekly for maintenance. Following heavy rain showers or heavy bather load, add an additional 1.5 oz. per 10,000 gallons.
- Additional Step: If the water is Swampy and you can vacuum to waste, add 8 oz. of PowerFloc™ per 10,000 gallons. Circulate 2 hours, then turn off the pump and allow the water to settle overnight. The next day, vacuum to waste. If you cannot vacuum to waste, if the water is cloudy or algae persists after following the steps below, add 4 oz. of Pool Tonic® per 10,000 gallons.
- Add 1 lb. of BurnOut® 3 per 6,000 gallons or 1 lb. of BurnOut® 73 per 16,500 gallons, or 1 lb. of Smart Shock® per 12,000 gallons. Follow application instructions for these products.
- Add 13.5 oz. of Back Up® 2 per 10,000 gallons in areas of heaviest algae growth. Circulate continuously for the next 24 hours. Then brush the pool thoroughly.
- Clean the filter with Strip Kwik®.
- Do not re-enter the pool until the chlorine residual returns to 1 - 4 ppm. In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2 - 4 days.
Treatment of Visible Pool Algae
- If algae are visible, use 13.5 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- After 24 hours clean out dead, settled algae. If algae are still present, repeat dosage as necessary.
Initial and Routine Application
- Add 6 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Make additions of 1.5 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water every 5-7 days days after initial treatment for maintenance.
- Add 1.5 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water when bather load is heavy or after prolonged rainfall.
Pool Closing Application
- Add 10.5 fl oz per 10,000 gallons along pool edges and allow filter and pump to operate for 2-4 hours.
- This will provide 4 ppm active ingredient in the water.
- This will help control algae growth over the winter months and make for easier clean-up in the spring.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.