- Clears excessively cloudy water commonly associated with algae blooms
- Concentrated formula that works quickly
- Particles settle to bottom of the pool for vacuum removal
- The more debris in the water the faster it works
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs® and saltwater systems
- Clears cloudy water fast
- Makes water sparkling clear
- Combines small particles into large particles
- Settles suspended particles to bottom
- Improves filtration efficiency
What it does
BioGuard® PowerFloc™ is highly effective at restoring water clarity by combining small particles (that cause cloudiness, haze and water discoloration) into large particles. These particles quickly drop to the bottom of the pool so they can be easily vacuumed.
Directions for Use
Do not use PowerFloc™ if you cannot vacuum to waste.
- Shake well before using.
- Clean skimmer, hair and lint pot, and backwash filter.
- Check filter and backwash or clean filter if necessary.
- Adjust pH to 7.5 to 8.0 for best results.
- Use at a rate of 8 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons.
- For extremely cloudy pools, use double the dosage.
- Remove skimmer basket and any product in the skimmer. Pour PowerFloc™ slowly into skimmer with pump on and valve in RECIRCULATE or WHIRLPOOL position. For pools without RECIRCULATE position, backwash, then with valve in FILTER position, dilute product in a large plastic pail of water (8 oz per gallon of water) and apply evenly over the surface of the pool. Replace skimmer basket.
- Allow pump to circulate the pool water for 2 hours.
- Shut off the pump and let PowerFloc™ settle debris to the bottom while pool remains undisturbed for 12 to 24 hours.
- VACUUM TO WASTE all settled debris with filter in WASTE or DRAIN mode. Please note that debris may continue to settle for several days. Do not vacuum debris through filter.
- Backwash and chemically clean filter with Kleen It®.
- Readjust pH to 7.2 to 7.6 if needed.
For water with ALGAE:
- PowerFloc™ will not kill algae but it does facilitate the removal of dead algae after treatment. BioGuard® has a number of specific algae treatments. Follow the directions on the product you choose to treat algae.
- After the algae treatment is complete per the algae product's label directions, follow application instructions for Power Floc™.
- Backwash and clean filter with BioGuard Strip Kwik® and Kleen-It® and resume normal filter cycle.
- Check pH and readjust if needed to 7.4- 7.6.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dark place. Keep out of the reach of children.