Pool Magnet Plus
- Prevents and removes stains from iron, copper and manganese
- Eliminates discolored water from metals
- Easy to apply, highly concentrated formula
- Use in conjunction with Sparkle Up® to remove metals from the water
- Concentrated formula
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs®, and saltwater systems
- Do not use with SoftSwim® or other biguanide systems
- 15 - 40% etidronic acid
- 0.5 - 1.5% phosphonic acid
- Prevents stains caused by metals
- Removes fresh metal stains
- Easy to apply
What it does
BioGuard® Pool Magnet® Plus is a concentrated chelating agent that ties up metals (iron, copper and manganese). This product removes fresh stains and prevents staining due to metals. Use this product monthly for swimming pools with metal containing fill water.
Directions for Use
Prevention of Stains
- Backwash the filter, then allow the pump to run continuously.
- Apply 1 quart of Pool Magnet® Plus per 10,000 gallons for every 1.0 ppm metals. Maximum recommended dose is 3 qts. per 10,000 gallons. If staining is present, add product directly over these stains.
- If the total amount of metals present exceeds 1.0 ppm, apply Sparkle Up® Filter Aid 48 hours after Pool Magnet® Plus addition to assist in metal removal.
Temporary clouding may occur upon addition.
Removal of Fresh Stains
- Turn the pump off for 8 hours.
- Slowly and as close to the surface of the water as possible, pour one to three (depending on severity of stains) quarts of Pool Magnet® Plus directly in the area of the stain.
- Do not swim or operate pump for 24 hours.
- After the waiting period, turn the pump back on to circulate the water and brush the pool daily for 5-7 days.
- Use BioGuard® Sparkle Up® in the filter to aid in the removal of redissolved metals.
- For Iron staining, use Erase® Iron Stain Remover in conjunction with Pool Magnet® Plus. Follow Erase® Iron Stain Remover label instructions.
- For white plaster pools (only) where large metal stains have aged into the pools surface, draining and acid washing is recommended.
- When fill water contains metals, add 3 oz. of Pool Magnet® Plus per 1,000 gallons of water added to the pool.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children