Kleen It Filter Cleaner
- Removes metal, dirt and scale from filter
- Cleans sand, DE and cartridge filters
- Spray or soak application
- Compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs and saltwater systems
- Not recommended for use on filters for SoftSwim® or other biguanide systems
- Compatible with all filter types
- Removes metals, dirt, and scale from filter
- Keeps filter working at optimum performance
- Cleans sand, D.E., and Cartridge filters
- Soak or spray application
- Fresh citrus scent
What it does
Kleen It® removes metals, dirt and scale from DE, cartridge and sand filters. This means lower maintenance costs, longer filter cycles, cleaner water, and better filtration. Kleen It® can also be used to clean spa surfaces, outdoor furniture, pool equipment, vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces.
Directions for Use
Non-Backwashable D.E. & Cartridge Filters
- Turn pump off and rinse off loose dirt from filter elements.
- Apply product by spraying directly onto filter elements. If needed, lightly brush heavy grease spots.
- Let wet filter elements soak for 5–10 minutes. For heavily soiled filters, allow elements to soak for 1 hour.
- Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
- As an alternative, soak filter elements overnight into a solution of 32 oz. of this product added to 5 gallons of water. Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
Sand & some D.E. Filters
- Backwash filter thoroughly. Turn pump off.
- Chlorinating product must be removed from the skimmer basket prior to addition of product.
- Automatic feeder should be turned off prior to any addition of this product.
- Pour entire bottle of Kleen It® into skimmer.
- Turn pump on until pump primes and and product moves into filter.
- Turn pump off. Leave filter selector in backwash position or in closed position.
- Wait 1 hour. Turn pump on with selector in backwash position, and backwash until waste water is clear.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.